Friday, March 20, 2015

Welcome Spring & Middleton Place

MP-Aerial-Home-Page

with the arrival of Spring I thought you would love to know a little (or a lot)  about a garden.

situated on 65 of the most beautifully landscaped acres in the USA,
Middleton Place is near Charleston, South Carolina.

the gardens, which Henry Middleton envisioned & began to create in 1741,
reflect the grand classic style of that period in England & Europe.

The property has miraculously remained under the same family 
stewardship for some 320 years,
 and today, successfully preserves history for visitors to enjoy.
for me, being considered a Southerner,
places like this are so important to our history & heritage.

wouldn't it be wonderful to visit this historical landmark?
well, perhaps when the Charleston Home Tour begins in the Fall.

please click here to be taken to their home page
where you will find all the information on this
still-alive living, breathing estate.



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I've never visited Charleston. I think it would be so much fun to go and spend time in the antique shops and on a house tour. It's on my "some day" list...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this beautiful garden and i would love to visit Charleston. Always wanted to go there.
    Happy Spring and have a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would love to visit there! I have a bucket list of gardens and this one is going on the list pronto! I saw yesterday that the gray bag was on backorder - leave it to me to select that one! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEEN THERE DONE JUST THAT!
    I LOVED IT.....................CHARLESTON isNOT to be MISSED.I could move there..................
    I being a gardener had to see this garden............and I did about five years ago with two other girlfriends!
    GO if you get the chance we did the house & garden tour in the SPRING time.............XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a daughter in school in Charleston and I am going to visit when I pick her up in May. I have never heard of these gardens! Thank you for the tip! Great post! Can't wait to visit!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go to Charleston! Going to plan a trip!

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.