Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Altitude

as usual, when I'm very lofty (I mean above sea level, not personality-wise)
the nose begins to stop up, breathing becomes a bit harder, especially if you are climbing stairs...

so today I'm adjusting by staying inside.

&, of course, TODAY was the day for the Spring Chanel Haute Couture showed in Paris.

as I've been saying 
LACE & ESPADRILLES
are gonna be hot going forward.

all this below, from the master himself,
showing the cork wedge espadrille, even with the cap toe (long ago taken from
men's shoe designs), in lames, leathers, tweeds.
showing it with evening attire or daywear, equally at home.








& the one below is just for my own pleasure.
yep, I would've worn this
(don't worry, I would have found a place where it would be perfect)
5'7" tall, blond hair, blue eyes, and weighing about 125 lbs.
those were the days.

you may see this one at the Academy Awards,
definitely a star's outfit, non?

to see the review from Sarah Mower and the full collection
please CLICK HERE

her review makes Haute Couture easy to understand,
even though there are few of us who spend 5 to 6 figures on outfits.

the one's who do cherish it...sometimes forever.

baby it's cold outside !!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful clothes Marsha, but those models are scary looking!! That ugly hairstyle is not flattering at all.
    Oft to read what Sarah Mower has to say. . . . . it's quite amazing the money some women spend on clothes - I am definitely not one of them, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, neither of us lives in the world of Haute Couture, but it is an art-form which I hope will not die away. And, as Sarah Mower says it employs many many artisans. Whatever. The trends are there for us to take or not, in the way we might buy new things which are copied after these pieces. I know I will, especially the lace and the shoes, which I love anyway.

      Delete
  2. Bonjour chère amie,

    La tendance est au chignon... Je suis éblouie par le travail minutieux des tissus et l'association de la dentelle qui revient en force.
    Un très joli défilé... Des robes somptueuses qui demeurent un rêve pour beaucoup d'entre nous.
    Merci pour ce joli billet.


    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful collection and the shoes have an interesting twist!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Love the grey number and the shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.